Netflix has now established guidelines for profile-sharing, allowing users to transfer profiles to a different account to avoid additional fees. This article will walk you through the process of transferring Netflix profiles from one Netflix account to another, ensuring that you don’t get charged extra for “mooching”. With a step-by-step guide and important considerations, you’ll be well-equipped to navigate these changes.
Understanding the Need for Profile Transfers
Netflix has implemented a new policy to charge users $7.99/month for every individual using their account without living in the same household, as determined by their IP addresses. This move is aimed at encouraging subscribers to remove non-household members from their accounts. To facilitate these changes, Netflix has introduced the profile transfer feature.
By activating profile transfers on Netflix’s website, users can move others off their accounts without incurring the extra fee. Transferring Netflix profiles instead of just changing the password will allow the transferred user to retain their favorite shows, current progress, and viewing history. However, the transferred user will not have access to the original account holder’s payment information.
The Impact on Netflix Users
For users sharing their Netflix account with friends or family outside their household, this change will likely come as an unwelcome surprise. The additional monthly charge may prompt some users to either transfer profiles or revoke access entirely.
It’s important to note that this policy only applies to users sharing accounts outside of their households. If you’re sharing your Netflix account with someone living at the same address, you won’t be affected by these changes.
How to Enable Profile Transfer
Before you can transfer a profile, you’ll need to enable the profile transfer feature on Netflix.com. Follow these steps:
- Visit Netflix.com and log in to your account.
- Hover over the profile icon until you see the Transfer profile option. Click on it.
- Read the information presented and click Allow to enable profile transfers.
Transferring a Profile: Step-by-Step Guide
Once you’ve enabled profile transfers, you can proceed with transferring a profile from your account to another. Here’s how:
- Log in to Netflix.com.
- Click on the dropdown menu next to your profile photo.
- Select the profile you want to transfer.
- Click transfer profile.
- Click Next.
- Enter the email address of the user you’re transferring the profile to and create a password for their new account. Click Next.
Please note that the profile transfer feature will only become available two days after you’ve enabled it. The account owner will receive an email from Netflix with a link to access the feature instantly.
Important Notes on Transferring Profiles
Keep the following points in mind when transferring profiles:
- Users can only transfer profiles to new accounts, not existing ones.
- The transferred user will need to choose a Netflix plan to initiate their membership.
- Transferred users will retain their viewing history, favorite shows, and current progress, but not the original account holder’s payment information.
While transferring profiles is one way to avoid additional charges, you can also consider other options:
- Add an extra member to your account. This choice comes down to personal preference and your willingness to pay for the extra member.
- Revoke access to your account by changing the password. This option will not allow the removed user to keep their viewing history and preferences but will prevent them from accessing your account.
The Future of Netflix Profile Sharing
As Netflix continues to grow and adapt to changing user behaviors, it’s possible that more changes to profile sharing may be implemented in the future. It’s important to stay informed about any updates to avoid unexpected charges or changes to your account.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I transfer a profile to an existing Netflix account?
A: Currently, users can only transfer profiles to new accounts, not existing ones.
Q: Will transferred users keep their viewing history and preferences?
A: Yes, transferred users will retain their viewing history, favorite shows, and current progress, but not the original account holder’s payment information.
Q: Can I avoid the additional charge by simply changing my password?
A: Yes, you can revoke access to your account by changing the password. However, the removed user will not be able to keep their viewing history and preferences.
Navigating Netflix’s new profile-sharing policy can be challenging, but with the introduction of profile transfers, users have a way to avoid additional charges while preserving the viewing experience for those they share their account with. By understanding the process and considering alternative options, you can make an informed decision on how to best manage your Netflix account.